“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 NIV
The corona virus is creating lots of turmoil all around the world. At this point it is being driven more by fear than the actual number ratios of total deaths as compared to previous outbreaks. Please know that I am not trivializing even one death. I have been praying for all of the families impacted by the death of so many, like those impacted in the nursing home facilities in Washington.
How should we as Christians respond if not fearful?
- In your life can you tell the difference between unhealthy fear of the unknown and a healthy respectful fear?
- What are the characteristics and actions of unhealthy fear? Worry, mental preoccupation, etc.
- What preparations are necessary for respectful fear? Wash hands, limiting contacts, etc.
- If the fear of death has been removed for a Christian, how will this affect your speech about the virus?
- Jesus rebuked the disciples for their lack of faith when they were on the boat during a storm and they were afraid of dying. Where do you see faith for yourself in your response to the virus?
- Faith is connected to hearing of the Word of God, what has God been revealing to you about your faith response from His word?
- How do you evaluate what you are hearing from Christian leaders – faith or fear?
As Christians the bible says that we are a peculiar people. There is an expectation that we are different and a suggestion that we will be misunderstood from the world’s perspective. Lack of fear should be one of those characteristics. Ask God to fill your life with boldness and faith.
God is not caught off guard with this virus. His plans for the glory of His name in all the earth continue. He invites us to participate daily in that adventure of spreading the knowledge of His love and salvation to all.
Praying for health for all
Praying for the diminishing of infections
Praying for boldness of believers in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Blessings Love y’all