For, “Who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16 NLT
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5 NIV
As a believer in Jesus Christ, you are never alone. Through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in your life, you also have the mind of Christ. You have access to His thoughts of understanding, His attitudes toward others, and priority of purpose. What a blessing to have so rich a resource always available for you.
- Thoughts of Understanding – You have the mind of Christ and there is one Holy Spirit. He will lead you and guide you into all truth. The Holy Spirit can and does help you understand and apply the scriptures to your life. Every time you read the Bible, there is a temptation to read it through your own understanding and earthly wisdom. Always ask for the Holy Spirit to reveal what His speaking to you and how to understand the passages that you are reading. You do not have to have a Bible degree, although God can use that education also.
- Attitude toward Others – The mindset that Christ exhibited was to consider others as more important than himself.
- He came to serve those who were lost. Mindsets determine actions and speech. We can change our mindset because we possess the mind of Christ. How you talk and live reveal the mindset that is operating in your life. If you feel others owe you something, you will be constantly disappointed. The mindset of Jesus was prefer others as more important than Himself.
- We need to mix our boldness with humility. There is no room for hatred, jealousy, division, unforgiveness, or pride to coexist with the mindset of Christ. The world cannot understand the mindset of Jesus partly because it does not seek its own exaltation. The wisdom of the world considers Jesus thoughts foolish. You will have the same label from the world when you live from His mindset.
- He gave His love and life so that others could see the heart of His father. In your actions and speech, how are you portraying God’s heart?
- Priority of Purpose – Jesus had the ability to live each day by observing what He saw His father doing in heaven. You have this mind of Christ. It takes faith to acknowledge what Christ is asking you to do and a change of thinking to align your actions to this understanding.
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost which means this will be a main priority in our lives. What adjustments need to be made for this to be a high priority? Go and make disciples were His last words to his disciples while on earth.
- Jesus’ physical passions were under control. He resisted temptation. He was never controlled by eating or drinking in excess. How may you leverage the mind of Christ to gain control over your passions?
- Jesus set His face toward Jerusalem – knowing He would face death on the cross. Having the mind of Christ can bring clarity and vision to your “callings” in life. Ask the Spirit to bring clarity for the direction He has chosen for you to go.
You are not alone. As a child of God you are blessed with the mind of Christ. May you have ears to hear what the Spirit is revealing to you about the mind of Christ within you. May you be blessed with joy in the journey of following Christ.
Blessings love y’all.