“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2 ESV
The unlimited possibilities of fear of the unknown can be crippling. Will I get sick from the pandemic? Do I have to be afraid for my children to go back to school? Am I safe to go back to work? How will our community be impacted by nationwide protest? What’s gonna happen to our country?On and on…
When the sands of the unknown are shifting constantly under your feet, how can you find the security of God as your salvation?
- Nurture your identity in Christ. As a follower of Jesus, YOU are a King’s kid. His abiding presence and ultimate authority leaves no room for a weapon formed against you to prosper. The future, your future, is securely in His hands. You are forgiven, you are loved, you have the Holy Spirit, you have the mind of Christ, you have been given spiritual gifts, and you are part of the body and family of God.
- Lean continually into God as your salvation. Ask God to expose “your own understanding” thinking that leads you down unhealthy tracks. We do not impress God with our independent thinking and actions. Following God, requires humility and dependency. Do others hear you give credit, glory, to God for decisions that you make? What actions do you take that bolster a deeper trust in God as your source for life and godliness?
- Speak God’s truth and move in that direction. Isaiah wrote these words, “I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song…and my salvation.” Move beyond thinking and understanding the truth, SPEAK IT. Let His words flow forth from your mouth. His words and promises are true even when nothing that you see confirms it.
- Habakkuk 3:17-19 wrote , Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
- When the future looked bleak and failing, Habakkuk drew strength from the Lord God. Joy arose as he gained the knowledge that God was fashioning feet for Him to quickly escape danger, through the crisis that he was enduring. His joy followed the direction of his speech.
May you experience God today, this day, as the God of your salvation. May you sing and be strengthened by His presence. May God give you the insight that you need for making good decisions. May God receive all the glory and honor for His saving grace in your life. May Fear Not Friday be yours everyday of the week.
Blessing Love y’all