“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14-25-27 NIV
New to this Thanksgiving was the gathering of friends and family over Zoom, Face Time or other digital video conferencing. I told someone, “if they could just make the smells of the fresh cooked Turkey, dressing and desserts come through the displays, we would be all set.” I am thankful for the connectivity of being able to see and hear one another. But there are special elements that are enjoyed when we are physically together. Joy, laughter, hugs, empathy, and a host of other emotions are experienced in togetherness.
When Jesus knew He was leaving earth after the resurrection, He wanted His presence to remain with His followers. He told them that He would not leave then as orphans, but the Holy Spirit would be with them always. There is a oneness of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that brings honor to each.
In this troubled time that you are facing, let’s look at a few of the benefits that you experience with the abiding presence of Holy Spirit as found in the words of Jesus from these verses in John.
- When the Spirit is present, you have and Advocate
- An Advocate is someone who comes alongside you to support and encourage you. He will be your best champion to navigate you through life’s tough spots, even when you put yourself there.
- When the Spirit is present, you know that He was given to you by the Heavenly Father
- Every good and perfect gift is given to you from your Heavenly Father who loves you.
- As a good Father, He gives the Holy Spirit to those who ask
- When the Spirit is present, you have a full time teacher
- Better than googling it, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses.
- Learn how to listen to the Spirit, He even helps you to know the right questions to ask, so that you can find the answers to meaning and purpose in your life.
- He will always lead you to life and truth
- When the Spirit is present, all that Jesus taught can be brought back to your memory
- This works much better if you are spending time reading the Bible.
- Many are looking for answers, but have failed to look in and through the Bible.
- When the Spirit is present and operative, peace will also be present
- Many are searching for peace in their lives, You will find peace everywhere you find the fullness of the Spirit.
- Learn how to be filled to overflowing with the Spirit again and again.
- A person who walking in step with the Spirit, walks in peace
- When the Spirit is with you, your heart can be settled
- Things will happen to unsettle your heart. With the help of the Holy Spirit, you can return to a calmness.
- Even in a troubled state, the Holy Spirit reminds you that God is and always has been in control.
- When the Spirit is with you, fear has to move aside.
- Boldness is one of the distinctive characteristics of those filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit
On this Fear Not Friday, seek community and oneness with the Holy Spirit. You will enjoy all of the above benefits, just because He is present with you. May the warmth of His abiding presence fill you with joy for this season.
Blessings, Love y’all