A false balance is an abomination to the LORD, but a just weight is his delight. Proverbs 11:1
I recently went in to a fast food restaurant and ordered a couple of things. The cost was $3.27. I gave her 3 ones and was getting another one out of my wallet. She stopped me, “Sir, you gave me 4 ones already. You don’t need to give me anymore.” She counted the money for me again and gave me the change. Internally, I wondered how many times an employee is tempted to keep the extra money for the business. I also was thankful for her honesty which was to my advantage. It made me want to do business at that restaurant again.
Does God really care if weights, measurements, time cards, are 100 percent accurate? Yes. Behind every measurable claim is a foundation pillar of trust. Trust allows for the development of friendship, confidence and ultimately intimacy. When lies and deceit are present the future of continuing relationship is on rocky ground.
How to bring God’s delight into your world.
- Applaud just actions .- Let people know that you appreciated the small actions of integrity. I thanked the lady for her honesty with the money.
- Speak blessings over our laws. Did you ever notice at a gas pump, there is a sticker with someones name who has verified that the pump is really giving you the amount of fuel that you are paying for? Pray for individuals who have responsibilities to insure accuracy of claims of purchases.
- Don’t move quickly into conspiracy theory conversations. They erode trust. If it is within your authority to take action against improper activities, do it. If not, we are called to speak blessing and ask God to bring justice to the forefront. Conspiracy talking is a slow poison.
- Be honest with your own actions involving money in every area such as business transactions, taxes, tithing, and making change.
- Be honest with your own claims. Jesus said let yes be yes and your no, no. We should not exaggerate, fudge, curb the information to make ourselves look better.
The Bible claims that confessing our sins before God will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He said ALL. That’s a really good place to start an open relationship with God.
Blessings Love y’all