And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe. 1 Thessaloninas 2:13 NIV
Two of the men who made a major impact upon Pam and my heart passed from this earth into heaven’s glory over the last two months. They were friends in ministry together. The Reverend Peter Lord life’s message taught me the importance of hearing God and prayer. The Reverend Jack Taylor impacted thousands with his messages of Christ in you, the Kingdom of God, worship and the importance of the Word of God.
Here is a simple chorus that he sang about honoring the power of the Word of God
Paul tells the Thessalonians that the message which they received from him is the Word of God working in their lives.
How does the Word work in our lives?
- God’s word is alive – For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it Hebrews 4:12 NIV
- God’s Word brings health to our bodies –My son, pay attention to what I say;turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart, for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body. Proverbs 4:20-22. There have been testimonies of people reading God’s word aloud over the sick and they have been restored. Faith is included in the reading.
- God’s word feeds our spirit man. Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'” Matthew 4:4. Jesus told his disciples after witnessing to the Samaritan woman that He had food that they did not understand. Feeding our spiritual man brings satisfaction to our physical bodies.
- God’s Word brings light and direction to our lives. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105. Blessed are those who saturate their lives with God’s word which He uses to lead His children.
- God’s word helps us to live holy. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11. Those who want intimacy with God will be spending much time in God’s word to keep in step with Him in holiness.
- God’s word reveals Jesus – If you miss HIm, you will miss out on the life that exists in his word. You study[c] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life. John 5:39-40. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you see the life that Jesus offers.
- Don’t reject the Word – Jesus. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it. John 1:1-5
Let God’s word bring the blessing of joy to you today as Jeremiah exclaimed that he found God’s word and he ate them and it became joy.
Blessings Love y’all