And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. Genesis 1:3-5 NIV
Today in my city is the first day of school. Parents will drop their children off in the car lane and say goodbye to their little one. Some will enter the big yellow bus in which the first step is a tall one. A few first time teachers will welcome their students and begin to learn names. Some faculty positions are fulfilling their roles to help provide the best educational experience for the children as possible. That’s a lot of first happening on the same day,
The Bible has been used as an educational tool for students for a long time. The first chapter in the Bible unfolds our 7 days a week structure which isl used all over the world as part of our calendaring, Being first or experiencing first is a big deal, It has a potential to establish a pattern for everything to follow,
?The Oxford Languages dictionary has 2 uses for the word first. 1.coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st 2. foremost in position, rank, or importance. Consider these definitions again when thinking about your child attending the first day of school. It is more than the first in order, it is also really important.
Let’s look at other scriptures containing “first”
- Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) Ephesians 6:2
- We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
- But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” Mark 10:31
- When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. Mark 16:9
- The best of all the firstfruits and of all your special gifts will belong to the priests. You are to give them the first portion of your ground meal so that a blessing may rest on your household. Ezekiel 44:30
- 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. – 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. Revelation 1:5, 17-18
Jesus is first in order of being raised again unto new life and He is first in order of importance. He is with you all day long. You will not be experiencing this day alone. He is with you. May you be encouraged to remember to pray for those who are experiencing significant “first events” today.
Blessings Love y’all