He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20 NIV
How much faith do you need to move a mountain? Just a little.
You will not find it in the nickel and dime store. Neither will it be found in high end shops on 5th Avenue. Some look for it in churches. Some dismiss it altogether as an impossibility.
Children possess it without trying very hard. Intellect can be a stumbling block at times. Too much money or living on the poor end of the stick will not tilt the balance into your favor.
You can’t conjure it up by straining your will power. It’s not genetically passed down to the proud and pompass or the poor and needy. It is not bequeathed by will and testament.
How do you obtain this small mustard seed faith?
- It starts with having really good ears to hear what the Spirit is saying. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
- Faith is never blind, it is always responding to an invitation from the Spirit to engage.
- Faith is exercised by doing the next thing you hear the Spirit asks you to do
- Faith doesn’t sit in a bucket of supplies waiting for an opportunity to be used. You can’t store it up, but it does grow with use.
- Faith lives under the authority of Jesus. All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus.
- You will not be asked to do something not consistent with His authority.
- All of God’s children have been given a measure of faith. Salvation is by faith,
- Faith likes it when we say “Yes Sir!” to God.
What would a little bit of faith look like on display?
- You may pray a little more often. Take chances to exercise your little faith to pray for the sick and hurting. Silver and gold you may not have, but faith you do possess…rise and walk
- You may change how you steward your money. It’s all God’s money…all of it. If He wants you to share it with others, follow His lead.
- You may find yourself changing your schedule. Your day may be filled with interruptions, like people needing something or unplanned situations. Following God is a wonderful adventure, let Him lead you down the paths of righteousness.
- You may find yourself saying things with a little more boldness. Acts 1:8 declares you will receive power and boldness. Don’t be surprised if you feel a nudge to speak to a stranger and ask if you can pray for them.
May today be the day that you begin exercising the “little mustard seed faith”. There are people in bondage waiting for you to speak deliverance. There is an invitation from Jesus for you to join in adventure of eternal lifetime.
Let me know how you grew and exercised your mustard seed faith. What mountain did you speak to tand told them to move from here to there?
Blessings Love y’all