Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece, but this time make the fleece dry and let the ground be covered with dew.” That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew. Judges 6:39-40 NIV
How confident are you that God will answer your prayers just as you asked?
You have probably prayed many times and the answer came back differently than you had hoped. Many are fearful of continuing to ask God to do the miraculous because it did not work out the last time. Are you timid in making bold prayer request from God?
Last week we proposed that dew on the ground represented God’s favor. In the first request, God’s anointing was symbolic of resting upon Gideon. In the second miracle, the anointing would also fall upon the rest of the army. God answered Gideon’s faith prayer. I want to focus on the phrase, “that night God did so” as a place for encouragement in your praying. Do you have some prayers you are waiting for “God to do so”?
Faith Prayer Helps From Gideon
- Faith prayers are specific. His request was filled with specifics not generalities. Asking for God’s help is important, asking for God to heal a man to rise and walk is a specific request.
- Faith prayers are bold. There was no way Gideon could bring about the answer to his request. God and God alone would have to help fulfill Gideon’ request.
- Faith prayers are asked with humility. Name it and claim it lacks humility, even though boldness is present. The faith prayer still keeps God in charge and you as His servant. He has all authority and delegates to us to pray under His authority.
- Faith prayers build on one another. Gideon asked for a sign and God answered. The second request built upon God’s faithfulness to answer the first request. It is good to remember and confess how God has specifically answered your prayers.
- Faith prayers mature. His first request reflected how God may help him win the battle. In the second request, he is interceding for others. You can expect God to move you from the “me” prayers to include “others’” prayer.
- Faith prayers are ASKED of God. Don’t miss this last point. There is a definite difference between hoping something will turn out a specific way and taking the time to pray and talk with God about the situation. Jesus invited us to pray to the Father. Draw near to Him in prayer and watch your faith grow to see your prayers answered.
All of us have disappointments regarding the answers to our prayers. Don’t let discouragement stop you from praying and believing in God for more. Keep asking. Keep talking with Him. Ask for your eyes to be enlightened to see how He sees. His ways are higher and His thoughts are wiser to bring answers to your request.
May your relationship with God be strengthened today. May you receive the encouragement to pray bold Faith Prayers with humility. May your prayers of intercession for others come to pass. May you experience the joy of testifying with others, and “God did so, just as I asked.”
Blessings love y’all