The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. Deuteronomy 28:13 NIV
One young man which I know has had a rough life. His family upbringing was filled with drama. Even after he became a Christian, he had to learn how to inherit the blessings of the Lord. The family of God has rallied around this young many times to show God’s love and commitment to him.
Recently he asked Pam and I to pray to help him overcome a difficult situation. Even when he was trying to resolve the matter appropriately, it was turning out negatively. We had a three way call yesterday and Pam said we should pray as we ended the call.
I included this part in the prayer, “God you said, my friend is the head and not the tail. None of us deserve this blessing by the conduct of our own character. Jesus fulfilled the requirements for this blessing. But today, I ask that you would make my friend the head and not the tail. Make things go smoothly for him.”
He called us later that afternoon. The road block had been removed and his answer was coming shortly. He said he cried. I was amazed how quickly God can move when we become broken, helpless, and desperate. I chuckled to myself to realize the faithfulness of God to His promises.
To Be or Not to Be the Head and Not the Tail
- This does not mean, no trouble will come your way. Jesus said that we will have troubles in this world, but TAKE heart, He has overcome the world.
- You can’t be good enough to earn this blessing, BUT obedience to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading keeps you on right path of blessing
- To be the head does not mean you have to be the boss of your job, school or family
- To be the head is to be a person who leads with influence
- To be the head faces and navigates life as it comes to them, rather than getting beat up by life on the backside
- To be the head receives the boldness of Acts 1:8. God will give you the courage and boldness to overcome fear and failure.
- To be the head is to give respect and honor even if insult and harassment are assaulted at you
- To be the head is to expect that God makes a way in which there seems to be no way. He will do this for you, his child.
Many people live by the motto of an old song sung on a TV show called Hee Haw. “Doom, despair, and agony on me, deep dark depression and excessive misery. If it weren’t for bad luck, I would have no luck at all…” This is the kingdom of darkness we lived in before we met Christ.
NOW God says because of the sacrifice of Jesus, You will be at the top and not the bottom, you will be the head and not the tail.
Let’s sing the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 over our lives as the river current which is now influencing our lives. Am i? I am the head and not the tail. God loves me and watches over me always.
Blessings Love y’all