He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4 NKJV
The Song of Solomon book is the story of passionate love pursuit between a man and a woman who feels like an outsider among other women. Throughout church history the book has been taken at face value and figuratively of the pursuit of Jesus toward the church, his bride. It is this last understanding that I wish to expound on today.
4 things to relish from His love
- He brought me –
- So many times we can get tired of all of the effort to follow Jesus. We pursue God as if it all depends on our strength. We fail. I forgot to read my Bible today, I don’t want to forgive. I was right and they were wrong.
- BUT our verse today reminds us that God is the one who does all of the heavy lifting. Today, God whispers to trust Him. Today God is working all things toward HIs good pleasure. Today He leads you beside the still waters and green pastures
- To His banqueting house
- The Hebrew carries the picture of a house of wine and feasting. The kingdom of God is made up of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. Enjoy God. Sing with Him. Let laughter fill your mouth and merriment fill your heart.
- When Peter was experiencing the transfiguration of Jesus, his answer was to build a house, because this was a good place to be. May you grow in your understanding and experience of joy with the Father.
- His banner over me
- You have been draped with the love of God. You are never without covering. You have been signaled out as an important child of His. Others can see to whom you belong. The robe of righteousness fits you well.
- This banner makes a statement for all to see. This child belongs to me
- Over me was love
- You are the apple of His eye. Why does He love us? O how the heart swells which experiences unconditional love which remains. Somehow, the warmth of being accepted covers our feelings of inadequacy and rejection.
- God truly loves you without any hesitation because of Jesus’ sacrifice on your behalf. His love remains.
May your Monday Mantra be “His banner over me is love”. May God open your eyes to see His goodness and grace. May your heart be opened to receive the fact that He chooses you.
Blessings Love y’all