For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8 NIV
Today’s Audio blog
I was reading an autobiography of Chuck Girard who was an early 70’s Jesus Movement musician. Before becoming a Jesus follower, he was an accomplished singer and fully engaged in the late 60’s hippie movement of drugs, women and eastern religion pursuits.
He was looking for peace that would remain beyond the last hit. Some friends invited him, many times, to come to Calvary Chapel to hear a preacher named Chuck Smith. When he eventually went to a service, this is how he remembered it. “The service was very low key. I remember being very impressed that Chuck didn’t yell or scream, just shared stuff about Jesus with a big grin on his face.” Bold was my addition.
In all of your pursuits for the new year, let’s remember that our intimacy with Jesus is the most contagious aspect of our lives for others. We easily talk about things we are fully in love with. The preacher talked about Jesus like He was his closest friend. He smiled a lot, because of the peace Jesus shares with us.
With your exercising, with your dieting, with your cleaning, with your gaining new habits, with your buckling down on your finances, with limiting your social media, seek first King Jesus and His kingdom, and all the other things will fall properly in line.
Some questions and suggestions to pursue godliness
- What activities lead you to fall more in love with Jesus?
- How does being still and knowing that He is God find a meaningful expression in your life?
- How much time of worship fills you up to the thankfulness and gratitude overflowing line in your life?
- Do you engage God when you read your Bible? What does talking to HIm sound like and how do you listen?
- How does His light shine on every area of your life to bring you freedom?
- Do you let the Holy Spirit fill you up so that you talk about Jesus warmly and grin a bunch?
May you find 2023 as the year you grew more intimate in your relationship with Jesus and openly share Him with others.
Blessings Love y’all