Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” Luke 1:45 NIV
Mary was pregnant with Jesus when she went to visit her cousin Elizabeth who was 6 months pregnant with John the Baptist. When Mary greeted Elizabeth, John responded with great movement within her womb. Then Elizabeth spoke prophetically over Mary.
Mary’s blessing was connected to her faith (this is belief and trust in action not just mental agreement to a statement) in God’s promise to her. Luke recorded her belief to the message of the angel, Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her. Luke 1:38 NLT
There are blessings that the Lord provides to all – He rains on the just and the unjust. But some blessings are available to those who express their trust in God and in Him alone.
Do you have some promises from God to you, that are waiting for your faith (belief in action) in God to be engaged? The blessings are on the other side of your faith action. This is not working for your salvation. God just has blessings available for those who diligently seek Him and seek Him with all their heart.
If all of your decisions and actions can be done in your own efforts, faith is not engaged. I am not suggesting that these are wrong or bad decisions, faith is just not part of that equation.
5 Areas for Faith that can activate your blessings
- Salvation of friends and family. If all of your family members are saved and walking closely with the Lord, you are incredibly blessed. Most however, have some very close relationships that are lost. May you receive encouragement today to continue to pray for their salvation to become a reality. Claim this scripture for your family members. Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” So he and his whole household believed. John 4:53. Your faith and prayers align with Jesus mission of coming to seek and save the lost. He loves your cooperation in fulfilling His mission.
- Stewarding your possessions. If you have abundance, praise God. He who has been given much, from him much will be required. May your giving toward God’s kingdom equal your faith to do greater things. If you have little, seek God (trust and have faith in him), for He has promised to add to you, all that you need. Claim Matthew 6:33. Record God’s faithfulness and blessings. There is equal expectation and blessings for stewarding (including giving sacrificially) your possessions.
- Health. I believe God can heal and perform miracles just as Jesus did when He walked on the earth. Sometimes He doesn’t. I still pray, believing for the miracle. There is, however, a blessing of His presence and peace when the healing doesn’t come this side of heaven. Chronic pain wears us down physically, emotionally and spiritually. Thanking God and trusting Him while enduring chronic pain is incredibly difficult. May God’s mercy be multiplied to you in abundance as He draws near to your broken heart. May God bless you with His peace and presence in increasing measure.
- Mercy for societal problems. Ezekiel calls forth the prophets to sound the alarm when trouble is on the horizon. They will be held accountable for doing nothing. Faith actions may include prayer, community engagement, coming close to the hurting, and keeping Jesus at the center of the answers. Jesus denied having a relationship with those who were unwilling to become engaged with the hurting whether hungry, poor or in jail. Where can you point to your faith being activated to help others? There is a blessing for you on the other side of engagement.
- Enduring persecutions for Jesus name sake. There is a blessing that comes for those who align their lives with Jesus teachings and actions. The world has consistently rejected the prophets of old when they re-represented God’s message. Your kindness and message of the love of God will not always be received. Jesus says there is a blessing…but the greater reward will be stored in heaven. Remain faithful as you enjoy the closeness of His presence to never, ever leave you nor forsake you.
Mary carried the promise of Jesus for 9 months until His birth. It was not easy. The Bible records that the birth was inside an animals’ stable, definitely not the most sanitary of places for the Messiah’s birth. God’s blessing was still in effect for her, even in difficult situations. Her faith in God’s word to her, ushered blessings upon blessings. As one of His children, expect similar blessings of God on you today in response to your faith actions in His promises to you. God is saying, “try Me now (activate faith in my promises) and see how I will open up blessings for you stored up in heaven.”
Blessings, Love y’all
Great Word! Very encouraging for a Monday morning.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 5:57 AM Pastor Greg Online wrote:
> Trulifeworks posted: “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would > fulfill his promises to her!” Luke 1:45 NIV Mary was pregnant with Jesus > when she went to visit her cousin Elizabeth who was 6 months pregnant with > John the Baptist. When Mary greeted Elizabeth, John re” >