Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously. Isaiah 55:7
In the Rocky movies, the crisis comes down to a conflict with giving up. Maybe he is afraid of being hurt again, maybe he doesn’t think he is strong enough to beat his opponent, or maybe it would be easier to just lay down after being hit so many times. Then his trainer is pounding the mat and yelling, “Get up Rocky, get up!” The Rocky music starts and he muesters the strength to rise.
As I asked the Lord about the blessing devotion for today, I heard the words, “the blessing of again.” I immediately thought of the times that I had failed to live out my commitments and my own actions of rebellious ways and thoughts. If I have messed up so many times, why should I try to do better? Then I remembered that His grace was available to me again and again.
Salvation can’t be earned, nor do you live good enough for God to love you more. Jesus has secured your new identity. But, there is an expectation that we will follow the ways of God in our actions and thoughts.
Thoughts about Again and Again
- There is grace again and again. Part of the definition of grace means it is undeserved and available. Both the wicked and the righteous can turn to the Lord. God positions His arms open wide to those who turn to accept His grace.
- Return again and again. Only you can feel the true transparency of your heart before the Lord in the desire to follow Him. God blesses those who seek Him with all of their heart. He never grows weary of your turning to Him. This is not the same as tying to be better. This is specifically turning toward Him for help. This is a place of brokenness and humility asking for help. God draws near to the brokenhearted.
- Confess again and again. If we confess our sins (agree with God about why we did what we did) He will forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He is faithful and just to do this cleansing every time we ask.
- Get up again and again. Satan wants you to feel as though you have been and always will be a failure. That is not the thoughts of our God. His plan for your hope and future is always good. Though you may not see it right now, GET UP. God is a rewarder for those who diligently (get up again) seek Him.
- Start each day new again and again. The mercies of the Lord are new every morning, Great is His faithfulness! This is a new day with God to help you do all things in Christ Jesus who gives you strength.
Whether it’s reading the Bible, staying on your fast, integrating more exercise, developing some new routines, or trying to live in a way more holy, don’t stop when you fall. Get up and start doing the things that God has intended for you in your heart, AGAIN and AGAIN!
Blessings Love y’all