So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33 NIV
Pam and I were working on our budget for giving, spending, saving etc. One category on the list was for a replacement car. This led to a discussion about God’s provision over the course of our marriage in which many people have given us cars. Gratitude filled up within our heart which normally leads us to spontaneous praying.
“God, thank you for the many people who have blessed us with so many blessings. God you know this has been the position of our lives (I turned my palms up and then Pam followed). Lord you have provided us with cars, money, even food when we have been in the place of need. Thank you for your faithfulness. Bless those who have shared with us. May you give back to them. May your Spirit encourage them with abundant peace and joy. May they be strengthened to walk daily in the power and anointing of their calling. May you bless their family relationships with salvation, oneness, and close personal intimacy. May you send them hope when trials and discouragement come their way. May the pleasure of the Lord and His favor rest upon them. In Jesus Name Amen.” Someone asked, “why do you think God gave you cars over the years?” I replied,..
- Because there was a need – that has been the hard part for me personally. I don’t know anyone who likes the feeling of being in need. As husband, I sometimes wish I had taken a different path vocationally that provided secure financial stability. But now, I have a testimony….there is NO testimony without a TEST. But who wants to go through a TEST? God’s provision in your life, is your TESTimony that you get to offer to others.
- Because we maintained “palms up”. In our ministry family, we constantly would meet others who were in greater need than us. We gave cars away that we owned to others who needed them. God could put things in our hands, but with the palms still open, He could take them back.
- “Palms Up” goes against the desires to hold on to things and to grab for more.
- Contentment lies happily on the “Palms Up’
- “Palms Up” speaks clarity to the decisions between “I want” and “I need”
- Because we have a Father God who loves us and knows us. Our Father favors His children. If we being evil know how to give good things to our children….HOW MUCH MORE does our heavenly Father give to those who love Him. For some, God’s favor rest in the abundance of provision that He has given you to be a blessing to your own family and to others. Blessed be the name of our God.
On this Fear Not Friday, I invite you to turn your palms up and place your worries in them to show them to your heavenly Father. Your worry or fear may not be financial, but you still don’t have to hold on to it. Open up and let Him have your worry. Then receive from His gracious hand the love and provision that He offers.
Many blessings to you and your family. This is going to be a good day. Why? Because we love a good, good, Father who KNOWS us.
Blessings Love y’all