He sent messengers throughout Manasseh, calling them to arms, and also into Asher, Zebulun and Naphtali, so that they too went up to meet them. Judges 6:35 NIV
Two old friends sharing lunch together, when one says, “I just got these new fangled hearing aids, I paid $7000.00 for them.”. His friend replies, “Really! What kind is it?” — “oh, yea, it’s 12:30.”
Messaging is very important. Gideon has had an encounter with an Angel of God and given an assignment. The Spirit of the Lord has come upon Gideon and he blows the trumpet alarm for battle. He also sends messengers to the men of several tribes to come and be ready to fight for their land. They respond by showing up.
Perhaps you have a role in which communicating your ideas is important. Whether you are a parent, team leader, a co-worker, a teacher, or in the role of a superior, the clarity of your message helps bring about your desired results. Sometimes we do not get what we want from people, because we were unclear in our messaging.
Some messaging helps for communicating.
- Have only one ask at a time. I’ve had to practice this most often during my Bible studies with internationals. Confusing -”When Jesus performed the miracle of the feeding the 5000, were the people really hungry and why did He give thanks?” Better, “Why did Jesus pray over the fish and loaves?”
- Make the call to action plain and simple with limiting choices. Not – “What do you want on your sandwich?” Better, “Do you want grape or strawberry jelly?’
- When in person, try to engage the eyes when talking. I don’t know the scientific reasons why this works, but having your children look at you helps to know that they are really listening.
- Ask questions and listen for responses to tell if they understood what you were saying. You don’t have to do this all of the time, but this can be very helpful to bring accountability for your “ask”. Perhaps, “Can you tell me what I am asking for you to accomplish while I am gone?
- Some messages are better communicated in writing. Habakkuk 2:2 “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald[ may run with it. You know your message is clear when someone else is communicating it just the way that you intended it.
Gideon was clear in his message and the men responded. It is important to many people to give a response to their “ask”. It shows respect and honor to follow through on assignments. It creates a trust in relationships. It is one sign of love.
Ask God to help you with messaging today. How are you at hearing His voice? Have you received a message from God that has been unanswered on your part? How well are you at communicating with those around you?
May God bless you with life and happiness in all of your relationships today.
Blessings Love y’all