On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4 NIV
What was the most valuable item which you were entrusted to carry? I think first about carrying the engagement ring in my pocket all night long waiting for the right moment to ask Pam to be my wife for life. Perhaps it was carrying passports when traveling in another country. Every mission trip, parents were entrusting me with their children to return them home safely. Maybe you have had the joy of holding your baby for the first time, and realizing that the child is 100 percent trusting you for their survival. Paul felt the same way about the value of the gospel message which he received from God.
The Gospel Message Value about Jesus
- The gospel message of new life in Jesus is the antidote to the ugliness and sickness of sin.
- This message of hope is the only lifeline which is trustworthy enough to escort a person to heaven.
- This message of peace satisfies the wrath of God who resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
- This message is about the GOAT (greatest of all time – including eternity time) Jesus who is the ONLY way and truth and life to the Father.
- This message brings whole life transformation to the young, old, poor, rich, untalented, or gifted with a simple invitation to come and follow Jesus.
- This message is the ultimate adoption rescuing a person from the kingdom of darkness and in which they become a child of God in His kingdom of light and love.
- This message is the greatest mystery of the universe which was revealed to the world through the person, life, death , burial and resurrection of Jesus.
- This heavenly treasure conforms to fit within our earthen vessel. We carry with us daily the presence of Almighty God through the sacrifice of Jesus and the working of the Holy Spirit.
How great a love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called the children of God…and that is what we are. 1 John 3:1
So…knowing that you have been entrusted with the greatest responsibility of the mystery of the gospel of good news about Jesus….who are you gonna tell?
- Has your neighbor heard the good news?
- Has your coworker heard the good news?
- Have the people working in stores that you shop in heard the good news?
- How many people in your own sphere of influence have heart the good news?
- Have you asked God to help you share with those who have never had the good news explained to them?
When asking a person why they decided to become a follower of Jesus now, many respond, “It was the first time that somebody explained it to me so that I could understand.” How many do you think have never heard about the most important and valuable possession which you carry with you every day? Their acceptance or denial of the message is for keeps, affecting life for eternity.
Oh, by the way, God is the one who placed this awesome responsibility and privilege in your heart and mouth. How will your faithfulness with the message be evaluated by Him?
Blessings Love y’all