14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 1 Corinthians 15:14 NIV
There is a problem with an empty tomb!
- The soldiers who guarded the tomb knew they were in big trouble because Jesus’ body was no longer there. They were paid to keep quiet.
- The Jewish leaders were afraid that Jesus would rise again, so they asked Pilate to station guards. They made up a story that his disciples came and took the body away. Their dilemma rested upon the fact that news of an empty tomb would be used to validate Jesus’ claim.
- Mary felt disappointed to not be able to honor his body in death. It was cruel enough that He was crucified, why would someone steal His body. Maybe the gardener (who was the risen Jesus) could help her find the body. Her morning turned to joy when she realized an empty tomb meant that Jesus was alive.
- Death has a problem with an empty grave. From the time of Adam and Eve, death has had power over humanity. That power is now broken. Death is not the end, there is life with Jesus ever after.
- Satan has a problem with the empty grave. His plans, power and dominion were all lost when Christ arose. His timer for the end of his reign was started.
- Those who have no relationship with Jesus have a problem with the empty grave. They can engage in all sorts of verbal semantics as to the conclusion of an empty tomb. Best arguments fall silent in the presence of an empty tomb. Faith in the testimonies and changed lives of others validates that Jesus in not in the tomb, He has risen from the dead.
Jesus was seen by disciples and many others before he ascended into heaven. The same power that raised Jesus from the grave abides in His followers. We testify that Jesus was raised again and that his sacrifice was accepted in behalf of our sins. Our whole message rests upon and empty tomb which once held the crucified Jesus. Praise the name of Jesus.
Blessings Love y’all
Amen…He is risen!