She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen[c] the One who sees me.” Genesis 16:13 NIV
Hagar was given to Abraham to bear a son for Sarai, his wife who was barren. When Hagar became pregnant, she despised her mistress. Sarai treated her cruelly and she ran away into the desert. An Angel of the Lord found her and told her that she would bear a son to Abrahm and that she should go back and submit to Sarai.
The act of being found in the desert by God, His knowledge of her present situation, His instruction about her future birth of a son, His understanding of the concerns in her heart, all led to the revelation of His name – El Roi, the God who Sees.
The God who Sees – El Roi
- He sees all of your pain and suffering
- All of your thoughts are open and laid bare before Him
- He sees all of your good
- He sees all of your bad, UNTIL Jesus moves into your life
- As far as the east is from the west, He has removed your transgressions
- Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow
- The blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin
- The Holy Spirit sees and knows, and still makes the comfort and peace of God a reality in your life
David recorded in Psalm 139 that God was present wherever he was. Today, right now, God sees you. He loves you and is moving in your direction. He brings comfort, correction and consciousness of His presence. He sees YOU!
El Roi – The God who sees loves you…just like you are, where you are, and whatever you are going through.
Blessings Love y’all