When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. Deuteronomy 20:1
As I write this blog, I am driving with 3 other men to New York City (about 16 hours one way). We believe that God has sent us on a prayer assignment for our country on 9/11. A few have questioned our timing regarding COVID-19, turmoil and crime in New York, and the heightened security issues around the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. Couldn’t we pray for New York from our home town without having to travel to the city? Yes…BUT.
- God’s last commandment and our first step of obedience is to GO. We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses who trusted God in the “going”. Going can be as simple as going next door to your neighbor or going to the cubicle next to yours. Jesus modeled this characteristic when He declared that the son of man came to seek and save the lost. The question each of us should ask ourselves is not IF, but where and how do you want me to go? Why does any follower of Jesus think He has been given an exception not to go?
- Our feet carry the temple of God’s presence. Things change when Jesus is on the scene. Darkness flees before even a little light.
- Do you remember Abram’s and God’s dialogue over Sodom and Gomorrah? The mere physical presence of a few righteous people would stay God’s hand from releasing full judgment. The wickedness did not clean itself up. It was the physical presence of Lot and his family.
- Joshua 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. It was not enough to point and say that you wanted property. The Israelites were to be physically present on the land proportioned to them.
- Do you realize God’s presence desires to manifest where you are standing?
- God is present when two or three are gathered in His name. We have a wonderful time fellowshipping together. There are experiences we share together which deepen our relationship, conversations that sharpen, laughter creating joy, and prayers which engage the enemy.
- God’s presence trumps all fear of the abundance of the enemy’s arsenal. No matter how the enemy stacks up his horse, chariots, God’s math always wins when He shows up. If you are where God wants you, that is the safest place on earth. Not being where God leads leaves an open door for attacks of the enemy. Look for God instead of counting the problems
I understand not everyone is supposed to go to New York. I am challenging each of us to open wide our hearts like Isaiah, “Here am I, send me.” Jesus gave three examples of people who wanted to follow Him, but they all came up with excuses to delay. What encumbers you from following Jesus wherever He may lead?
Please keep us in your prayers. We are driving all through the night Thursday. Spending Friday night in New Jersey. Praying in New York City on Saturday 9/11 and leaving that evening to start the trip back home.
Our group consists of Pastor Abb Javine, Father Mike Paciello, Tony Humphreys and myself. Thanks for your prayers for safety and divine appointments.
Blessings Love y’all