The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV (I added capitalization)
I am sad for this generation. I have hope, but I am also sad. The foundations are shaken and truth has become relative. Promises and commitments are losing their value. The marriage vow of “until death do us part” has been changed in actions to “until it doesn’t work out for us”. In this backdrop of lack of absolute truths, God’s word declares that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us. God keeps His word…always.
Listen to how God responds to some of our best arguments as to why God may not keep His commitment to always be with us.
- “What about when I am asleep?”
- “I never sleep nor slumber, I watch over you while you sleep” says God
- “How about when I am busy and I am NOT thinking about you?”
- “I know your thoughts before you think of them. I am still with you.” declares God.
- “What about when I have bad thoughts about others, like I want to hurt them or seek some type of revenge?”
- “I am extremely close to you, My child, for Jesus was speaking directly over you when He asked Me to forgive you for you do not fully understand what you are doing.” responds God
- ”What about when I am doing the bad thing, I mean actually sinning, are you still there?”
- “Forgiveness of sin and sins was complete on the cross. You have been placed into the category of cleansed and washed white as snow. I told a woman, “Where are your accusers? Neither do I condemn you. God and sin no more.”
- “Never” is an absolute word. Will there ever be a time when you give up on me? What about if I give up on you?”
- “If you deny Me, I will still be faithful, for I cannot deny My child.” declares the Lord.
- “Sometimes, I feel lonely, You seem to be far away. I can’t see or hear you. Have you moved away from me?”
- “I am the good shepherd and not a hired hand. I never leave my sheep unprotected. I seek the one who goes astray and binds up their wounds.”
When God speaks NEVER means NEVER. He remains with you before, during and after your trial. Lean on God. He is with you always, even unto the end of the age.
The devil is the father of lies. If you have been struggling with God’s abiding presence being real for you, those thoughts come from the devil for they do not align themselves with God’s clear promise that He is with you ALWAYS.
On this Monday Mantra, rejoice, for God is a keeper of His word. He will NEVER leave you. He means what He says and He does it. God will complete HIs good work in and over you.
Blessings Love y’all