The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV
Recently on vacation we were hurrying to take a ferry across the bay. We knew that only a limited number of cars could travel across on each ferry. Cars were already lined up and we pulled into the number 19 parking spot. As we loaded the ferry they stacked the cars in rows starting from the outside position. The center lane opened and the guide motioned us forward, we moved into the very front of the boat in the first position to drive off after we arrived. This was also the best position for pictures and viewing.
Two thoughts are worth allowing them room to dance across your minds all day long, God’s mercies never come to an end, and they are new every morning.
His mercies never come to an end. You are a candidate for God’s mercies if…
- You don’t think you are good enough to deserve them
- If you blew it again yesterday, last night or even a few minutes ago
- Realize it’s yours to take even if you can’t do anything to earn it
- Know that you can’t bargain with God to receive it
- Even if you can not fathom why God would extend His mercy to you
- You fail to grasp the sacrifice that God made on your behalf in order for His mercy to cover you.
- You can’t define or understand how to explain it
The depth of His mercies is deep enough for all of humanity to swim in. He extends His love and forgiveness to you again and again and again.
God’s mercies are new every morning. How do you engage each day with His mercies?
- Forgive yourself as God has freely forgiven you
- Ask for His mercy. It bends your heart into a kneeling position
- In asking for His help, recognize your need for…
- For mercy as you travel
- For mercy with all of your projects that need wisdom and completion
- For mercy for more intimacy in your relationships
- For mercy to navigate health issues
- For mercy to enjoy the tasks of handling daily bread
Whether it happens when your eyes awaken on your pillow, in the shower, or over the fresh smell of morning coffee, be intentional in thanking God for His mercies that are new for you on this day. God loves His children and extends His mercy as a fresh gift each day.
On the Monday Mantra you are blessed with God’s morning mercies. Like the morning manna, go and gather enough for your needs on this day. There will be a fresh supply tomorrow, so go ahead and receive what God has given to you this day…this new day of God’s mercies.
Blessings Love y’all