You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalms 16:11 NIV
When I was graduating from high school, I realized that I was standing at a crossroads for my vocational life. I had advanced in math and talked with a navy recruiter. He told me that I should be able to pursue several different specialist jobs with my math scores, of course the recruiters are paid to tell you the good stuff.
Eventually I chose not to go that route. I pursued a life of Christian ministry because of the influence a young pastor had over my life. He loved his wife, cherished his three girls, excelled in athletics, was a wonderful bible teacher with appropriate applications, and fun to be around. I followed in his footsteps…although I chose a different college…Thanks Rev. David Fannin.
The young shepherd boy, David, lived the first part of his life running from King Saul. Knowing which way to run and hide were important to stay alive. Paths were important to memorize to help you navigate where you were going, where the next water well should be, and knowledge of the safest way for travel.
King David later reflected about his journeys and penned where the path of life is. It’s more than finding the destination and more than the journey. It’s not about following all of the do’s and don’t signs along the path to try and keep you on the straight and narrow. The path of life is a relationship with God
The path of life is experiencing the abiding presence of God. Connecting with Him brings the fullness of joy and unending pleasures.
How might you connect with God daily?
- Become a child of God. John 1:12. God removes all of the barriers of sin, death and fear that were limiting you from a close connection.
- Learn to tune your ear to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. As a child of God you have been given ears to hear…learn to recognize His voice.
- Monitor your worship. Do you want to know what or who you are worshipping? Follow your investments of what you deem worthy of trading your time and money. The highest thing of worth in your life is revealed in what you are willing to trade for it. What time commitment and activities do you engage with God in order to be with Him?
- The word of God and worship songs bring us into His presence, they are not the end goal. When the passage speaks to you…begin at that point to interact with the things that God is saying to you. Let songs grab your distractions and focus on God’s worthiness
- Take a deep breath and look at God’s creation. Yesterday I was looking at the beautiful brilliant colors on a cloud as the sun was setting. I was drawn into appreciating God’s creativity with colors in our world. What an awesome God we serve.
- What would you add to the list that you do to connect with continually abiding with God?
On this Monday Mantra you are blessed with the fullness of joy which comes from abiding with God almighty. Are you lacking joy in your life? What’s your abiding time looking like? God’s presence of joy navigates the worst that this world has to offer. He is with you always and He brings His joy with Him.
Blessings Love y’all