*Just a note. Story Time audio is different the the devotional. It’s a children’s story capturing the subject. Hope you enjoy both.
But Samuel replied, “What pleases the Lord more? Burnt offerings and sacrifices, or obeying the Lord? It is better to obey than to offer a sacrifice. It is better to do what he says than to offer the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22 NIRV
Love and obedience cannot be separated. Don’t take my words for it, listen to Jesus. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. John 14:15. Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.” John 14:21
The following is not true. You can’t earn God’s love through obedience. You will never be 100 percent good enough. God loved you while you were deep in disobedience. His love for you is always based upon His love for Jesus and directed toward those who follow HIm.
So what part does obedience play in our new relationship as children of God?
Out of Love…
- You listen intently to the directions your Father gives to you through the Spirit – then do what He says
- Confess when you followed your own way of thinking and doing life that violated His clear commands in the bible.- thou shalt not…
- Seek what pleases your Father – when you love someone, you spend a lifetime discovering what pleases them
- Pursue ongoing fellowship, dialogue and worship with your Father
- Choose to obey rather than come up with another plan that works for you.
God loves us, but happiness is not above obedience. True peace and happiness are byproducts of walking purely in the light. God never turns an eye away from our disobedience or gives us a pass because we have endured pain. To be clean, you must come clean with your confession.
May we learn the dance of humility needed to walk in love and obedience that pleases our Father in heaven. May we invite the Spirit to shed light on any area in our lives that is displeasing to Him. May we experience the pleasing love of our Father in our obedience to His commandments.
Blessing Love y’all