Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39 NIV
I recently was invited to attend a JH outback event in Birmingham as a guest in the prayer tent. I could only make it for the first night. They had a wonderful group of people committed to pray before and during the JH Outback Adventure.
As we prayed together, I felt impressed for us to seek the Lord for His purposes at “this moment”. I was fully aware of the many hours the team had poured into prayer before the weekend. They had fasted and prayed individually and together. They had walked the property asking for God to be present and be glorified. They had prayed for each of the attendees by name. And now, we were huddled into a tent on a very cold night, praying again.
We know God is the same yesterday, today and forever. I was appreciative for God be present “right now”. As we were entering the “now” of that moment. God was present. We could share our request and we could listen to His thoughts of good over us to give us hope and a future. We experienced God in the “right now”. He spoke of the desire for reconciliation and the hunger for people to receive. It was fresh manna, a fresh word for us to agree with God to perform His word.
No matter what you are going through today, God is present with you. What comfort it is to know, you did not scare him off. He is not easily offended and runs away. Jesus said, “Lo, I am with you always.” He keeps His word.
Some other verses to direct your mind to His, “I AM with you right now.”
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
- The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8
- I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. Leviticus 26:12
- The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16
- The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24
As you can see, God repeats again and again of His desire to be “ever present” among His people. As a follower of Jesus, these promises in the scriptures are true of you, “right now”.
Be still and know that He is your God who is with you always. He is walking through the fire with you. He is celebrating the good news among you. He is grieving with your loss. He is abiding with you…”right now”
Blessings Love y’all