Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 13:16 ESV
This is a big day in the life of our city in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Our undefeated football time of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide plays one of their rivals LSU Tigers who are also undefeated. The television programs College Game Day and SEC Nation are both broadcasting on the Campus. Plus the President of the United States has decided to come and watch the game at the stadium. There is a lot of preparation that our city has done to make the weekend a success. How should we as Christians get engaged in preparation instead of waiting for things to happen? Prayer!
Here are suggested prayer points that we can verbally ask God to help navigate our city. Let’s go on the offense in prayer. Feel free to add your own concerns that God reveals to you.
- Pray for a spirit of peace to cover our city. We need peace between the fans and players of the two Universities. Excitement and competition are great emotions, but they are still under the influence of peace.
- Pray for churches and ministries that are doing outreaches during the game to find receptive hearts
- Pray for Christians to guard the words that flow from their mouths. May we be very sensitive to speak blessing and life and not cursing and death
- Pray for a fresh infilling and outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers as we interact with people throughout the weekend
- Pray for all policeman to be a the right place at the right time to address potentially dangerous situations.
- Pray for no gun violence during the weekend
- Pray for angels to protect all those who will be traveling over the weekend. May God avert drunk driving accidents
- Pray for all officials who are making plans to address the influx of an overwhelming amount of people- we are anticipating an extra 125,000 people
- Pray for the safety of girls from being taken advantage of due to drinking or other compromising activities. May God thwart any human trafficking activity
- Pray for the safety of the President and wisdom for his protection detail
- Pray for no injuries of the players before, during or after the game
- Pray for church members to stay engaged in church commitments over the weekend
- Pray for any idols to be exposed that are keeping people from worshipping God and Him alone
It’s gonna be a great day – Because it is God’s day from beginning to end.
Blessings Love y’all