But there are some Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon—Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—who pay no attention to you, Your Majesty. They neither serve your gods nor worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:12 NIV
Went into the archives and found this story of Jimbob aired while on Moody Radio.
Jimbob and Shadrach and Meshack
Friendships are so important to help us stay on the path of righteousness. This is especially true when choosing a mate to spend your life with. This doesn’t imply that either person has to be more perfect than the other. The togetherness of shared wholesome values creates strong bonds. Now would be a good time to look at or call your spouse and express your admiration and gratefulness for them.
In our story we find 3 guys (Jewish POW’s)who were so close, they are always mentioned together. In Daniel chapter 1 we see their resolve to follow their religious up bringing as it related to clean and unclean foods. Today we see they defied the king’s law to bow down and worship him. God honored their commitment and rescued them. We have many martyr’s who were just as committed, yet their lives were taken for their unwillingness to deny Jesus.
Some questions about godly friendships
- Who are your closest spiritual friends who inspire you?
- Do you pray together and for one another?
- Do you need to forgive a close friend to re-establish your relationship? Part of iron sharpening iron is the sparks that fly and the heat that is generated. Forgiveness is the weld that makes the relationship stronger. This is true for spouses also.
- Have you done a ministry project together? Short term mission trip, feeding the homeless, ministering to widows and orphans, go to minister in the jail? Best memories with others are in the shared ministry adventures we experienced together.
- In what ways do you encourage the next younger generation to find hope and purpose in Jesus in their togetherness?
One can put a thousand to flight, two can put ten thousand a running. May God bless you with godly friends. May you be bold in your faith commitments and stand strong against the wickedness in our world. Watch out for the “little god’s”! They will steal your time and affections away from your loving devotion to Jesus. Sometimes friends can see those “little god’s” in our lives quicker and easier than we do.
Have a blessed day, love y’all